I’m getting ready for summer by eating as much fish as possible. Last night I found fresh salmon mixed it with some cooked quino and kale, and it made the most delicious filling burgers!
Salmon Quinoa Burgers
1 lb. salmon
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup kale
3 cloves garlic
1 large shallot
2 tbs. dijon mustard
2 lemons zested and juiced
1 tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
pinch of crushed red pepper (I use more…we like it HOT!)
- Cook the quinoa and allow to cool by placing in large mixing bowl.
- Saute kale with minced garlic and shallot. Add zest of one lemon and juice of two lemons. Saute until kale is wilted. Add to large mixing bowl with quinoa.
- Add the remaining lemon zest to mixing bowl and dijon mustard, egg, Old Bay, salt, and pepper.
- Place half of the salmon into the food processor and grind until it’s starts clumping together. This will help your burgers hold together. Chop the other half into small pieces and place all the salmon in the bowl.
- Form the mixture into burgers and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large cast iron skillet on medium heat, pan fry the burgers for 3 to 4 minutes per side.